The Student News and Media Site of Blue Springs High School

The Purple Post

The Purple Post

The Purple Post

Wildcats stuffed with thanks and turkey

By Samara Bhatti

“For me, Thanksgiving means being together as a family and being grateful for everything you have along with eating some great food,” sophomore Gabe Mouhssine on what Thanksgiving means to him

Last week students reached a milestone most had looked forward to since school started: Thanksgiving break. Thanksgiving was a time for students to lay back and hang out with family.

“Thanksgiving is a time to spend time with your family, create happy and memorable moments,” sophomore Gabe Mouhssine said.

For most, Thanksgiving was all about being grateful and spending time with family.

“I’m thankful for my family, friends and education,” sophomore Ayliah Triplett said. “I got to chat and spent time with my cousins that I rarely ever get to spend time with, so it’s always great to see them each Thanksgiving,” Triplett added.

Each family has their own Thanksgiving traditions.

“We always help my mom make the mashed potatoes as a family,” sophomore Elianya Marie said.

Some students traveled to different states to spend Thanksgiving with their family.

“I went to Arkansas for Thanksgiving. It was really fun being able cook, eat and spent time with my family,” Marie said.

Giving thanks, traveling and baking all topped the list of things to do over break; however, the most popular thing about Thanksgiving seemed to be eating..

“My favorite thing about Thanksgiving is being able to cook all the food and eating all the delicious food,” Triplett said.

Everyone formed his/her own opinion on what was the best Thanksgiving food.

“My favorite Thanksgiving food is definitely the ham or the mac and cheese,” Mouhssine said.

While everyone had his/her view of what Thanksgiving meant and what food was the best, most agreed that family time and truly giving thanks were the most important aspects.

“For me Thanksgiving means being together has a family and being grateful for everything you have along with eating some great food,” Mouhssine said.