Stressed for the big test? Some helpful study tips to help stay on track

For the first part of your life, school is the largest part of you whether you like it or not. Every weekday, 7 hours a day, for 40 hours a week is dedicated to advancing your education towards the next big test or exam. Your performance and workload in school can often times directly cause stress in your life.

For those struggling with confidence in the academic department, one of the most effective measures you can take is organizing your assignments and getting a clear view of what you actually have to do. Being unorganized makes your mind wander, asking questions like “When are my assignments due?” and “How much work do I have to complete tonight?” Staying organized will allow you to set and maintain goals throughout your semester. Try utilizing 1 folder for each of your classes to separate out homework instead of one pile for all classes.

In addition to staying organized, taking control of your academic experience can also help boost confidence in the classroom. Going in for additional help before or after class, raising your hand and asking questions, and having healthy study habits will allow you to grab your academic career by the reigns and have a feeling of security knowing you are in control. Teachers are here to help you be the best you can be, but sometimes they don’t know when you’re struggling as a student.

If you’re not feeling confident as a student, there are a plethora of methods and support you can utilize to get your mind back on track. High school is filled with advantageous services students can use to assist them in their academic career, so use them while you can!