Current club happenings

Stay in the know about what’s happening around campus and check out this club update.  Some are looking for new members, others have changed meeting locations or times. 

• FFA has many upcoming and ongoing events. The club is attending the National Convention this week. They will be participating in Rake and Run, a community service event on November 7th. The Thanksgiving in a Basket Program is upcoming, in which FFA members will collect items to donate to families that won’t be able to purchase a thanksgiving meal. Ag. on the Move began in September; this ten-week program has FFA members visiting Thomas Ultican Elementary school on Fridays to teach 4th graders about agriculture.
  • The meeting time for the Outdoorsman’s club has changed, moving from the third Thursday of every month to the third Friday. Any kids interested in hunting, fishing, and/or camping who would like to explore these activities more in depth but don’t have a place to do so should check out the Outdoorsman’s club. Meetings are held Wildcat Hour, B shift in room 309.
  • The business department, DECA, and FBLA hosted their 2nd Annual ‘Out of the Blue Business Challenge’ Tuesday October 29th at the Eastern Jackson County Fire Training Center. They had 28 BSHS students participating with 28 BSSHS students and four VVHS students.
  • Guitar club is looking for new members! Mr. Shotwell will be hosting guitar club second and fourth Fridays of the month during A-shift of Wildcat hour. Meeting in room 106, this club is for people who play the guitar and like talking about guitar. New club members are welcome and encouraged to share ideas for guitar related activities.
  •          The Young Republicans club just started up and will be meeting in room 407.  Meetings will take place on Thursdays, A shift. This club is led by Juniors Sarah Jackson and Aaron Renfrow. The young Republican’s Club hopes to offer the opportunity to serve the community and country while learning about the political process. Activities are focused on helping participants become aware of national and international issues and how current events impact their lives. Regardless of a student’s political affiliation, everyone is welcome as long as they are willing to be civil and respectful.
  • Students interested in supporting school-wide mental health are encouraged to join PUSH (Prevention Utilize for Student Health.) This club meets every Wednesday during A and B shift in the Library, North Lab. For more information about joining, speak with Mrs. Gordon in the counseling office. If you want to help make a difference, consider becoming a PUSH ambassador today!
  • Youth Alive is a club dedicated to giving students a place to talk about Christ, learn the gospel, and have a supportive group. Youth Alive will be going to youth events, doing Bible studies, and hosting prayer times. Striving to change the way teenagers view high school, this club meets every Wednesday, B shift in Room 424.
  • Comic Book Club meets in room 406 every Tuesday. If you love comics, or comic related media, then this is the place for you! Find like-minded individuals and make new friends. Join in comic discussions and watch comic related videos. Enjoy club movie meetups and in class movies. Participate in Character Creation and vie for weekly prizes, such as snacks and sweet treats.