The First Homecoming in Two Years Excites BSHS Students

The homecoming dance was held Saturday, September 25th, from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Unlike other homecoming years in the past, this year the dance was held outdoors in the school courtyard.

Due to the worldwide pandemic last year, the BSHS decided it was safer to avoid homecoming to prevent the spread of Covid-19. This year, thankfully, the numbers of covid-19 cases have decreased, allowing high school students to participate in homecoming.  

This year’s theme was Dancing through the DecadesProvided there were snacks, drinks, and a place to take pictures. You can upload photos to the yearbook staff if you are interested in including pictures such as those taken at homecoming. Following homecoming, was the homecoming parade, an assembly, and the football game against Liberty North, which was won by the opposing team, 42 to 7. 

Sophomore Josie Ginnings was excited to experience her first homecoming. “My expectations for my first homecoming dance are people dancing and talking to their friends…Even though I don’t have a homecoming date, I’m looking forward to hanging out with my friends and wearing my dress…I was a little bummed out that I didn’t get to go to last year’s homecoming dance because this year’s sophomores haven’t had a real dance since the one last year was canceled, and the 8th-grade dance was canceled too.”  

Senior Ismaelito and Ashlyn Dziura are the King and Queen of homecoming. Once hearing Ashlyn had entered the rally, she was at first nervous. “I was nervous because since it’s my senior year I wanted to win because it would be a fun memory that I get to have with me, especially getting to walk with my dad at halftime for the football game…Overall, I was so happy!”